We are hiring a new Executive Director!
Want to build community, promote wellness, better get to know your fellow residents, and help to preserve a historic gathering place? Are you creative, savvy, people-oriented, and enjoy the challenge of managing an operation? Apply to serve as the Executive Director of Sand Springs Recreational Center, Inc. – a great opportunity to make a difference locally!
The Executive Director is responsible for all aspects of the organization’s operations. This is a part-time, year-round position which averages 20-hours/week over the course of the year. Summer hours are approximately 40 hours/week; off-season hours range from 10-20 hours/week.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Recruitment, hiring, and supervision of all (part-time summer) employees
• Manage finances, including payroll and insurance policies
• Facility Maintenance
• Marketing, including social media
• Provide exceptional customer service to members and daily users
• Food Service coordination
• Maintain required filings and certifications
• Work closely with board through monthly meetings and collaboration on board subcommittee work
• Spearhead fundraising, grant application, and municipal support initiatives
• Maintain partnerships with other community organizations and local schools
The successful candidate will have a bachelor’s degree and at least 7 years of experience in related fields. A background in marketing, development, strategic planning, customer service, recreational management or other related fields will be favorably considered. Some management experience is a must, as well as a self-starting, enthusiastic, and creative outlook. Deftness with the Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative suites of products, familiarity with QuickBooks Online, or similar accounting software, and database programs preferred. The candidate will have excellent oral and written communication skills.
Salaried position, with additional discretionary bonuses possibly offered by the board. 4 weeks paid vacation. No other benefits are available.
Please submit a resume, cover letter and three references (with contact information) to:
Ben Sosne, President
Sand Springs Recreational Center, Inc.
158 Sand Springs Road
Williamstown, MA 01267